Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sympathy Cards for my Cousins

Hello fellow Stampers and Paper Crafters!

Last week we lost my Uncle Charles, one of my Mother's Brothers.  He will be greatly missed by his Family and his Church but we all know he's in a better place.  I made cards from us "Cooley Kids", that's what everyone still calls us although the youngest of us is way into her 40's.  :o)  Anyway, below is the pic I made for our Cousin Tim and his wife:

I kept this card pretty simple since it was mainly for Tim, I used Early Espresso for my base, Always Artichoke for the first layer followed up with Paisley Petals dsp (retired).  The Stamp is from the set called Four Frames which corresponds with the Decorative Label punch . I also punch three little blossoms in E.Espresso from the Boho Blossom punch with a center of Marina Mist.  This is one of those cards you had to see in person, a picture just doesn't showcase it very well!  


For my Cousin Deborah we wanted something a little softer so again I used retired dsp Paisley Petals ( I just love all the colors this designer paper has) and Early Espresso for the base.  For the layer, Whisper White cs was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper folder. To finish it off I stamped another one of the stamps in the Four Frames set with Marina mist and wrapped it all up in a pretty little bow using our 5/8 Organza Ribbon. (As always just click on pic for a closer view of the detail on this card!) 

Ok, until next time folks... 

No comments:

Post a Comment