Saturday, May 19, 2012

Relay For Life 2012

Hello fellow Stampers! 

Last night I attended my very first Relay For Life.  We donated $100 so that we could have a Tiki Torch to light In Memory and In Honor of our family and friends who have been touched by Cancer.  I didn't find out until the day before that I could decorate the torch and surrounding fence so I quickly made a little sign and used curling ribbon that flowed to the bottom as an added touch.  Not bad but next year I plan to have pictures of all our loved ones to display...I wish now I would have taken pics of all the torches and luminaries which were lit, there were hundrends lining the bottom of the fence but I was so overwhelmed and actually surprised in the emotions this brought up, I just didn't think about it. 

These are our loved ones who have been touched by this terrible diease...

In Memory of:
June Cooley
Barbara Cooley
John & Carolyn Wilkie

In Honor of Survivors:
Harold & Johnnie Perry
Clyde King
Everette & Julia Wilkie
Lori Pawson

Tiki Torch with sign 

Closer view

Lighting Ceremony

My friend Lori, a Survivor and Committee Member
Ok, until next time folks and please, keep praying for a cure!



No comments:

Post a Comment